Wednesday, 17 September 2008

I Must Go On

Cocoa and dreams all gone. Today is Thursday despite what Blogger says down below!

My morning tea is a tad too milky but I've got a couple of ideas for a story so that makes up for the ghostly cuppa.
All I have to do now is work at it and what an awful thought that is.
By nature I'm a lazy slobbett, who if she can, will avoid all hard work especially work where I have to engage my brain. Of course writing a few words for a blog post is easy, however, to write a competent short story is much more difficult, if not impossible.
It's not too bad if you're getting something down for your own pleasure but if your aim is to please an editor or two, then it's hell.
In the past whenever I've started to write something for 'publication' I've dried up and that means I'm left parched, angry and miserable. So why I'm pushing myself like this I don't know, or do I?
Methinks I do.
I'm banging my head on the keyboard, feeling my own heart beat and licking my lips in excitement because I have to, I must, I can't help it.
Because to deny what little talent I have is to deny who I am and that is shameful, so I'll carry on.

No comments: