Friday, 26 September 2008

Mr Obama takes on Mr McCain tonight in a head-to-head chat.
This fascinating piece of political theatre is being shown live on Sky News at 2 a.m. and if I had the strength I'd stay up to watch it. But I don't so I can't.
Whilst waiting for a Madeira cake to rise this afternoon I wondered things.
I wondered how long hair takes to grow because earlier I fiddled with my fringe with a pair of nail scissors...
Will David Cameron would go 'noteless' at the Conservative Party conference next week. I think not, I think he'll use a lectern and funny little screens.
Will Monty ever drink water.
Would a poem about life as a cleaner/fantasist/quiet wife go down well with the judges of the National Poetry competition.
What would Charles Bukowski say if I asked his ghost something via a website.
Would you give me the time of day?
Would you give me a lesson in how to write
not proper sentences like in novels
but
improper sentences like on how it feels to be on the outside and not wanting to go in
on wanting people I can't get
and some advice on
whether it's better to starve and call myself poet
or continue polishing and call myself honourable
Would you sit with me and give to me all the rules on how not to write
I know you've heard this all before
but not from me you haven't.

If I get an answer I'll keel over!
Goodnight All...

No comments: