Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Ssh! It's Sunny Don't Breathe A Word...

Dare I say it?
I dare.
It's sunny:)

And as I blink my brain awake I'm hopeful that it's going to be a corker of an Autumnal day. But 'twixt you me and the gate post Autumn doesn't officially start until the 22nd...but I won't say anything if you don't.
There's something safe and snugglesome about walking down the road to buy a nice cabbage wearing a woolly (that's me wearing the woolly, not the cabbage). And so as I tiptoe past the church I'll screw up my eyes because the sun is mighty too and that's fine , although it doth make more lines cometh.
Got a good feeling about today.

So I'll dress for Autumn, which means a white woolley, brown skirt and sensible shoes and off I'll go...
But then I'll come back and pull the blind down in the kitchen on account of the sunlight mixing it up with the batterie de cuisine which is hanging from my curtain track which makes psychedelic patterns on the wall thus sending Monty absolutely bonkers in the nut. Crazy.
So to avoid having the cat go beserk I'll do the right thing and cook in darkness!

Talking of which on the Horsehound menu today: Beef Cobbler, steamed cabbage and carrots and washed down (what a stinking phrase that is) with Lemonade:) For pud the very very very last puddle of Trifle:( I know I know, it's sad isn't it?

I see Andy Murray got beat up by Mr Federer, can't say I'm surprised. But credit where credits due, the Scot did well to get so far. But how on earth he ever got the better of Rafa in the semi-final beats me into a cocked hat. I expect Rafa had a tummy upset or something. Anyway, there's no doubt the boy (Andy) did well. So congrats to him. But no hug!

What else?
Dare I say it?
I dare.
It's still sunny....:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monty isn't the only one whos bonkers in the nut, this is another tiptop post from the blogging Queen!!!
Long may she reign!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess the sun is shining all over the place. Beautiful here, too. It's just after 9am and sunny and chilly. Love this weather. Not sure what a wooly is, but it sounds comfy.

On my menu today, goulash! Made especially with tomatoes from my garden. Yummy and warm in the belly.

Still eating Trifle for afters? (Hahahaha)

Bad news about the little Duchess. While playing on Saturday, she sustained a knee injury and it's looking to be as bad as Jeremy's. Went to three different places yesterday for a Dr. visit, an X-Ray and a fitting for a knee brace. She's on crutches as well. GAAAA!!! I can't go through this again!

Don't like to see my little one's in pain :(

I'll keep you posted and you keep Monty from going BONKERS!!

Your Duchey

Gloria Horsehound said...

I'm sorry to hear about the little Duchess's knee, that's the downside of playing sports. And I know you don't like to see your little ones in pain but she's a 'tough little soldier' as we Brits say, and before you know it she'll be running amok and driving you BONKERS. X

Like the sound of the goulash, we must exchange recipes, my recipe is from a 1982 cookbook, I've adapted it a bit over the years of course and now it's almost perfect;)

You'll be pleased to hear the trifle has officially GONE. The trifle is no more. Hoorah!

At the moment Monty is asleep...So a bit of peace and quiet for me!

Your daft Queen who wears WOOLLIES..which is a British word for Sweaters:)

Anonymous said...

I thought woolies were insulated underwear. Or are those thermals?

I got my goulash recipe from my Mother in law. It's kinda spicy, but I know you can handle it. :)

My Northern Brit is all excited about his steak and kidney pie. He said he knew of a place that sells lamb's kidneys. (BARF!) I shall be attempting to make British cuisine soon! Wish me luck. Don't know if Americans have the same touch as the Brits, but we'll find out.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thermals are indeed underwear and I am particularly fond of thermal vests, but don't tell anyone.
I wish I could be a fly-on-the-wall when you make the steak and kidney pie for your Northern Brit. I'd give anything to see you handle his kidneys;)

Don't be frightened or put off by British cuisine it's very nice really......
All you have to remember is to drinks mugs of tea whilst cooking because we Brits can't do anything without tea.

I'll make a Brit out of you yet.

Anonymous said...

I thought Brits drank alot of gin. :)

Gloria Horsehound said...

GIN! Well ok then if you insist!
But I'm rather partial to a glass of Port as well, but purely for medicinal reasons you understand;)

Hic!