Friday, 7 January 2011

After yesterday all I want to do is eat and have fun.
The Lovelies continue to worry and amaze me, the weather is driving me insane and to top it all a young woman asks if I'd like to sit.
Is it me or am I slowly losing the plot? Why would a girl late teens early twenties ask me a woman who looks considerably younger than her years if I'd like her seat. It might have been my runny nose at any rate I accepted the kid's offer and thanked her with a knowing wink. Grrrr!

Winter is a pain, we all know that, but this winter seems to have it in for me. If I'm not hogging the gas and in so doing spending more money than I have, I'm wearing so many layers of clothing that it'd take an absolute AGE to get it all off in the unlikely scenario of an afternoon of filthy lovemaking.
The cold weather is making my continual London trips even more stressful. The fact that I melt my boots on the train heater is not a problem, what is a problem is other people's coats.
I don't like them falling willy nilly onto my lap. Last night, the coat of the chap next to me kept brushing my newspaper making it almost impossible for me to do the crossword. So being patient and a bit scared I let it flap.
Blow this weather.
The other thing regarding the weather is my nose. It's continually red and shiny and stands out, bit like a ruby on a lolly stick only not as valuable or tasty.
I'm constantly patting on foundation (Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse in Sand) it serves as a real tonic to see my stupid conk matching the rest of my face.

Gotta go now...more later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought how mortifying it would be if a young woman, that one was surreptitiously ogling, asked one of us .... ahem ..... mature men, "Would you like a seat, granddad?" John

Gloria Horsehound said...

"surreptitiously ogling"? Methinks when a gentleman reaches a certain age, ho doesn't have time to surreptitiously ogle anything. Let alone a young thing.His mind would surely be on the state of bank balance, baldingness and back.

Bless you.