Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Oh my Lord is that the time?

Everything gone according to plan.
Furniture moved, recipe books re-located, jugs and other kitchenalia tidied and re-arranged according to height and where they stand in my affections.

As the men with arrows aimed at the bull I made a Chunky Chicken and Vegetable Pie. The chunks being of a vegetable nature, had to resort to this on account of not having much left in the way of chicken. Resourceful is my middle name.

On 'freeze frame' as I type is Gladiator, the bit where he takes command of the other gladiators before hordes of baddies traipse out into the arena. I love this part:) Maniacal charioteers being slaughtered by Maximus and his mates. What is it about victory that is so arousing?

So tonight I'll serve up a nice brown pie in a re-vamped kitchen. Put my old plastic sunflowers in a tall unchipped jug by the way. (Looks quite imperious on the windowsill alongside the washing up liquid).
To go with the pie... probably beans.

No comments: