I am chubby with happiness over my new invention (actually a variation on an old theme but no-one else has come up with it yet, so I'm claiming it as MINE!)
Spread 8 slices of crustless white bread with a little butter or marg then cover with a generous amount of Nutella * The bread will probably get ripped, but don't worry just pat it together, it'll be alright.
Sandwich together.
Cut into triangles.
Place in a large buttered baking dish.
Scatter over a fair amount of sugar, I used half granulated and half soft brown.
Mix together 500 ml milk, a tablespoon or so of cocoa and two eggs. Whisk this well.
Strain over the bread and leave to soak for a little while. Poking down any obstinate pieces of bread.
Bake in a hot oven. Gas number 6 or the electric equivalent for about an hour. It'll be ready to eat when the bread is puffed and no liquid can be seen. Give it a poke, if its cooked the knife will come out clean.
I served ours with a meagre amount of double cream and it was FANTASTIC!
Chocolate goo.
* Don't be tempted to use 'own brand' hazelnut chocolate spreads, they are not as good as 'Nutella'. Don't refrigerate Nutella. Otherwise it will turn from a firm sweety mass into a mound of brown calorific concrete.
No knife, however sharp, will be able to make a dent.
Hope you all like:)
Monday, 3 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment