The world looked big today as I strode head down along the road
And as the pavements rode up to meet my dusty black shoes
my head fell.
The emptying schools sounded noisier today as I put myself in poetry
And as the pavements took my pounding
my head fell
The scurrying postman rushed by faster as I glanced at a row of Poppies
And as the pavements sucked my legs down
my head fell
Then the world looked smaller as I tended juvenile plants
And as the water splashed the shoe dust away
my head lifted
The radio voiced the Westminster news as I listened to the rumbling kettle
And as the sparrows bounced from one nut to the other
my head lifted
The poem felt like a friend today as my broken nails tapped
And as the words sat down alongside me
my head was up
Angela Norris
Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment