As much as I love London I can never wait to get back to Essex.
And that's something I never thought I'd say. Just goes to show how little we really know ourselves.
Anyway, I had a great time with mum and dad, had the customary microwaved curry and I have to say it was awful, I mean truly awful. Mum had surpassed herself in so far as she hadn't even bought the curry from M&S she'd gone downmarket and given me an appalling Findus creation. I silently groaned as the bullet-s of hard rice held up what can only be described as a sludgy mess masquerading as curried beef. I drank my tea quickly...
We toddled orff out shopping and I bought the most fantastic pair of black slingback high heels for only £3. Mum bought a shiny pink bag for £10. We were in handbag and shoe heaven and it only cost £13.
Later as I swaggered around the front room, dad asked if I'd be wearing them home. "Are you mad?" I said "These are not for walking, these are for getting in and out of cars". He didn't like that. He said he'd become worried about me since I've been a Housekeeper/Char Lady/The Woman Who Does . I said "Oh do leave off, I'm earning some Wonga and now I'm spending it". He shut his eyes at me and had another Fairy cake. I've never been able to please that man.
Mum, bless her shrinking heart, re-arranged stuff in her new pink bag and watched the racing from York.
I came home to Monty, a Rock cake, emails, and the making of Chickenberry casserole. My eyes feel heavy, my right leg aches but my mind is full of joy.
Happy days!
Thursday, 14 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment