Friday, 1 May 2009

Simple Things

Just before I drip soup down my frontage I must just have a word...

Went to awful Somerfield to by ordinary stuff, when what did I see, only a lad loading a shelf with ASPARAGUS! What the hells going on here I thought to myself. This is grotty Somerfield, where you'd be lucky to find a loaf of bread yet alone queer gear. Oh well...On to the charity shop..
Where I bought a white embroidered throw, a small brown casserole dish with lid, an empty Cadbury's biscuit tin in the shape of a van and THREE BLUE TIN CANNISTERS marked TEA COFFEE SUGAR! It couldn't get better but it did because they were only £1:50.

And then as I drove into my road I spotted something.
A man.
A man with a wooden tray.
He was putting his plants out for sale. So I pulled up alongside him and got out. "40p" he said.
TOMATO plants they were. I bought four. 'Shirley', 'Beefsteak' and two 'Plum'. I put money in his ashtray and roared off.
I want to bottle today so I can uncork it and pour it out on my blacker days.
On the menu today: Soup. And later, chips and ketchup. And later still digestive biscuits and tea. I suffer when alone...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like asparagus? I think it is soooo disgusting. My mother used to make this horrible ham and asparagus casserole that literally made me ill.

I would love to see pictures! I've had my eye on something for you, but I'm waiting for the price to come down a little.

Ohhhh!!! Tomatoes! I can't plant yet with the threat of frost still lingering. Try the little grape tomatoes if you get a chance. Super sweet and the skin isn't as thick as a cherry tomato.

Get a glass out for me and I'll join you in a snort.

Have a great weekend!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

No like Asparagus Duch...

As soon as I can I'll post pics of my new old things!

It was nice buying the tomato planys reminded me that summer is on the way.

Have a good weekend, be bad!