Thursday, 28 May 2009

What I Got In London And What A Beauty.

Jingling charm bracelet. Silver coloured solid heart, 25 tiny petals in faux topaz, 1 pearl set in the heart of a daisy and 1 oval diamond surrounded by rope effect silver.

A blood red basque with rubbery suspenders, metallic hooks and elastic straps, the whole caboodle!

A flimsy sunny yellow flowered sleeveless blouse with a delicate white ruffle. Perfect with jeans or floaty skirt.

A green, yellow and brown beaded bracelet. Perfect with the above.

A garlic jar.

All these delights were from the Hospice shop, the Notting Hill Housing Trust shop and the newly opened Rumanian shop. Bit pricey in there but they had a few, interesting, thoroughly London pieces of which I bought one. The basque. I thought £12 for soup mug was a trifle over the top until I saw a pair of Faith shoes going for £25. Ouch! Oh to be in Essex when I have a score to spend...
Still it's always nice seeing a new charity shop and you never know I might just find the most perfect handbag.

Nuked Chicken Tikka for munchies. Raspberry jelly for pud and mugs of good strong tea helped make the day perfect.
The elderlies were on hand to hand out solid advice about money, jobs, prunes and next weeks local elections.
By the way I took a Geranium up for mum. She loved it and dropped enormous hints about hanging baskets and how she hasn't got one...


On the train home I saw the most beautiful creature, he couldn't have been more than 25. His hair was as glossy and black as a ravens wing and fell over his collar like it just had to, wave upon wave flowing around his terrifyingly handsome and slightly flushed face. Sweet generous lips rested slightly apart, slightly open and his quiet solemn brown eyes edged by comb-like lashes. Just perfect.
But he wasn't all over perfect.
His dark blue pinstripe suit was a tad too big, the jacket hanging sloppily from his shoulders, the trousers were crumpled and the belt too low. But his black pointed-toe shoes were polished. Not too high a shine, but enough to show he cared.

And when the train slowed and pulled into the station he got up and stood by me and the door and I wanted to speak to him, I wanted to compliment him, to tell him how striking he was, but I thought he might think I was a mad woman. So I didn't. But I will if I see him again.
What a beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Queen,

Its from the far west coast, California, that wonders what a English rain feels like. Weather is fickle here - warm and cool. Warm and then an onslaught of fog. Cold and then triple digits. Normal West Coast hectic weather.

Best you and glad you had a blast in London.

From the West Coast - Jerry

Gloria Horsehound said...

California weather sounds not unlike British weather..In some ways!
We can have the four seasons in one day!
Take yesterday for example...
Sunny, warm, dull, damp, hot, windy !

Whenever I think of California I always think HEAT!

Queen