What a day to be in the attic!
There's the sun thoroughly at home in his awesome sky and where am I, crawling around his Lordships attic like a lizard on a rock.
I got in such a lather that I removed my shoes and thought about removing a lot more but I then decided, after eating a banana and drinking a lot of water that going commando would be going to far. So I glowed on:(
My lungs, fingers and hair were clogged with dust as I hauled out box upon blasted box of hundred year old junk. What the Master is going to do with it beats me. Still at least I didn't get sunburnt and I did clap eyes on a rather fetching velvet skirt, might ask him if I can have it. Won't fit him now...
Anyway...after giving Somerfield half my wonga I ran to the charity shop where I bought a vase of white flowers, a red 'Persian garden' rug and a thin strapped dress in sage, umber and cream. Total cost £3. 35
Raced along home with the sunroof open and after demolishing a beef spread sandwich I looked in the mirror, I looked radiant.
Being a Housekeeper obviously suits me.
So as I get my breath back and the weekend approaches I'm getting more and more excited about:
Relaxing with chocolate, watching the telly, making Cajun chicken wraps and drinking something called 'Relentless Inferno' which was given to me by my employer's 17 year old daughter:)
Happy Days!
Friday, 29 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You would not believe the mental image that just conjured up in my mind :)
You seem to be so happy judging by your posts lately. Glad to see it. My sister is visiting from my home state of Illinois....love her to death. She's shopping and I'm working, but we are meeting up later today. Still no cocktails for me. :( Nothing but tea. I feel frumpy.
I'm off to go pay car insurance and then meeting the Duke in the dirt.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Your Duchess
I can imagine what you were imagining!
Happy? Yes I thinks so, I get a lot of satisfaction seeing a job well done, only down side is it is VERY hard physically and I ain't young no more!
I hope you have a wow of a time with your sister, maybe she could share a pot of tea with you and save the cocktails for when your diet stops! Imagine that day...
Coctails, beers and burgers! Oh Yes!
Let's hope we BOTH have a wonderful weekend.
Your Queen
Post a Comment