Monday, 18 May 2009

Gorbals Mick And The Full House


David Cameron wants a General Election called immediately. And I'm not surprised. This shower currently in government needs to be mopped out of the honourable House.
Mr Martin, the speaker of this beautiful yet tarnished palace got in a terrible flap today, he seemed to have completely forgotten the enormity of his position being only third down the line in order of political importance, hanging behind the Queen and Prime Minister. He's done nothing by not doing enough and has subsequently incurred the wrath of just about everyone. I think he should do the only thing possible and that is go home.

Apparently Mr Gordon Brown was in the House as the unprecendented proceedings uncurled but he quietly left when the punch-ups occured. Typical of the man. Anyway, as M.P. after M.P gently lambasted Mr Martin (we Brits are so civil even when being uncivil) the now quite non-plussed Scot mumbled on uttering weak forgettable words, much to the disbelief of the frenzied back benchers.
And as the session ended I had to stop what I was doing, which was making a chocolate pudding, in order to drink in the comings and goings of various pundits, political commentators and the BBC's James Lansdale's new hair cut. What was he thinking?

Today I learnt that the last Speaker to earn the ire of just about everyone was someone who I can't remember the name of, but he did something bad three hundred years ago, and got booted out. And so three hundred years on we're still being given grief by a misplaced, out of his depth Speaker, who not only does a bad job but has forgotten his station in life.
To serve.
He is a servant.

Mr Cameron, who last week, gave what I consder to be an election winning speech on the whole allowances affair, must be pacing his office and polishing orf his Limo on account of him probably becoming the next Prime Minister. And as I look back over the past couple of years I've decided it was a bleak, bitter day when Gordon Brown started his sulk fest in number ten Downing Street. And Gorbals Mick forgot who he was.
Roll on Election day.

No comments: