Thursday, 11 November 2010

Hello All

Winter draws on so I helped a friend as he generously offered to ease my pain by insulating my loft.
Five hours and two puddings later it was done. We concentrated on the main rooms, leaving the others to ice over.
As I peered on hands and knees at the dust, mousetraps and general junk I wondered if my pal wasn't taking on too much, but like the big soldier he is, he achieved what he set out to achieve. Namely to keep me from turning blue!
Now THAT is what I call a friend.

I made sure he was fed and watered and the steak pudding was much appreciated alongside the carrots and green beans, the mountainous mash however, was a mound of mash too far:)
After he'd recovered from a lady's scolding he went loftwards again, this time to finish the beastly job...

What a hoot it is being drenched in sweat and cobwebs and what joy it is to be on the receiving end of such incredible generosity.

No comments: