Friday, 5 November 2010

Yesterday's Big Secret


David Coulson, runner-up. Dark eyed, bad haired teary chef who reminded me of John the Baptist. Gentle bear.

OK before I set about today's major works I'll prattle on about yesterday's.
The office/study/Mr H's book and 'puter room was a mess, such a mess in fact that I kept the door closed in case guests thought I was auditioning for the Kim and Aggie show:(

So yesterday I went in at 9, coming out at 5.
I let rip.



The first thing I tackled were the five bookcases, the ceiling high ones being the most problematic but once I'd re-homed some spiders and frightened the living daylights out of a few silver fish I kind of got on a roll.
Next for the treatment were Mr H's piles of letters from service provider people, they soon had me sitting down I can tell you, handful after blasted handful had me wondering if he ever reads any of them. They were dealt with in a calm and serious manner...

By now I was parched so putting Tina Turner on 'pause' I made a nice cuppa, Monty by the way, did his bit by making an appearance at the end!
Standing as I always do to drink tea, I looked hard at what needed my delicate touch, hmmm, the desk and tables:(

Tidy isn't a word in Mr H's vocab, I nearly lost the will to carry on because there was so much dusty stuff to clean and re-house, but after the tea I had a surge of tremendous 'man' strength so got on and rocked. Tina aided and abetted.
It was coming round and that gave me the impetus to carry on regardless of fraying nails... and men trying to sell me cladding.

Tackling cobwebs has always been an issue with me, after all spiders of all colours and makes have spent hours making their nets and here was I coming in like the hand of God...
I couldn't afford though, not this time, to be girly or squeamish so I walked around the tables destroying all:)

Ok. Bookcases cleaned and books stood up, webs down, now walls and floor. An old red rug to cover the cat ripped carpet, a wipe over of the peeling walls and the careful slicing of a bit of loose wallpaper. Yes, very good.

While I was doing the boring stuff my mind focussed on the artistic after work, whereby I arrange in a beautiful manner objects...These would include Mr H's artwork from long ago. Why he hides his talent always baffles me, if I could paint or draw or do things with stencils or cameras, by jolly jingo I'd have it out for all to see. Blasted room would resemble a gallery!.
This was the one area I thought Mr H might bash me over. He didn't:)

So mucky stuff done, bin bags lugged, hoover away and damp cloths in the sink now time to create. The best bit.

All his knick knacks collected over the years and three pieces from his time an art college were now displayed beautifully. I also polished his two tripods and presented them in a new light, they are his, they are part of who is is and he loves them, why keep them under a table? Both now stand guard either side of one of his posters depicting 'Orphee a film by Jean Cocteau'. Too awesome to gather dust.

On top of one of the bookcases is a large drawing done on board in felt tip when he was a student, and in amongst this amazing piece of young man's art is an unbelieveable reproduction of part of Seurat's 'Bathers'.
Why he is working for a living beats me.

I stood back just after five and was satisfied but...

It's strange to think that anyone would want to keep train tickets from 2007.
A tiny silver plastic spaceman
And have hidden in a book, a picture of William Shatner.

But I forgive him.

Today's Big Job is cleaning the garage door and office window (exterior).
Then, as Mr H is working overnight, I'll lock the cracked door and have singular fun.

Time now 12:30...Have just watched Claire win Masterchef, not surprised, she was a revelation. I would have liked David Coulson to wear the big hat but Claire is not only an amazing cook she seems like a great girl too. Well done smiler:)

No comments: