Wednesday, 10 November 2010


Last night's fishcakes were delicious, could have done with a touch more Anchovy essence but all in all a lovely little supper dish.

The apple and almond cake was applauded too. Made it with cox's apples instead of Bramleys, much sweeter of course but that was fine...It was exciting seeing small pieces of red apple embedded in the yellow flesh of the cake and the almond flavouring .... just heavenly.

Bought some blanched almonds and Camp coffee today for the Coffee cake I'm making at the weekend, will use my new thermometer if I can figure out the' green thing'. The 'green thing' is made of a rubber type material and covers about half an inch at the bottom of the probe. I've flicked it wondering whether or not to remove it, but being an absolute winkle just stand there staring at it...
I dipped it into a cup of hot water and the temp went up a little, so I suppose I leave the green thing on. Call yourself a cook Horsehound?

(The pic on the box shows NO green thing at the end)
I've googled for answers but can't find any.
I even asked a fellow blogger for help.

Anyway, I shall make the cake, green thing or not!

Today I'm making Lemony chicken with mashed potato and mixed veggies, pud will be the last of the apple cake.

Talking of veggies...I saw my neighbour Old Mike as I heaved out groceries from the back of Alex, he asked if I felt well...? Yes I'm ok thanks Mike.
After a natter about Greengages I came in and looked in the mirror:( Did I look poorly? No I looked ok, bit flushed around the gills but other than that, alright.

Bought a bottle of Mushroom ketchup to use in a vegetarian dish I'll be making sometime soon. the bottle is a work of art so is perched on a shelf alongside the Anchovy essence (same type of bottle same manufacturer).

Good Lord it's cold...:(

Now I must prepare food for today and tomorrow whilst half watching and fully listening to students yelling their anger towards turncoat Clegg...

No comments: