Monday, 1 November 2010

Just Waffling On

Made a large chocolate Victoria Sponge today filled with white buttercream and topped with grated chocolate.
It's so fab when cooking goes right and so annoying when it doesn't...
Before the success came the failure...
I'd been half concentrating on cake making and as all cooks know, half concentrating is Death with a capital D, especially when baking cakes......anyway I was in error. The error being I'd forgotten to add to the bowl 8oz of margarine. Only noticing the mistake as I tipped the mix into the tins. "Something not right here" thought brainbox And so after tasting and looking and more tasting and more looking I realized the mixture was marge-less. Blast it I thought so chucked the offending lot down the sink.
And started again...I hate waste.

This is a most unusual occurrence and I put it down to David Cronenberg's exemplary direction of The Dead Zone. Yes I was watching it again. Only this time I couldn't multi-task. Cooking and movies go hand in but not today.
But all is now well, the 8 inch beauty lies chilling in the fridge rather like Johnny Smith in the movie!



Other stuff today:
My mouse is playing up. Cursor getting my blood up.
I love the idea of love. But not the mess.
Oranges are fast becoming the new lemons.


Cooking tonight: For One: Bacon, eggs and chestnut mushrooms, probably with a border of hash browns. All for Mr H. I've had mine.


Joke from mother..
Why didn't the skeleton go to the ball?

Bless.

No comments: