~My Apple tree has arrived so I've put it in a bucket of water until I can plant it.
The instruction sheet advises planting as soon as possible but if not, place it in a garage. No apple tree of mine is going in my garage, it's dark and drippy in there. No place for a thing of beauty.
At nearly four feet tall it's a splendid looking thing, tall with tender young finger-like branches spreading out like a baby's hands, in search of something to cling to.
I've already held it to my breast welcoming it to its new home, and so as soon as I can I'll grab a shovel, a stick and a pair of ladies tights and settle it into the earth.
No food tonight on account of Mr H working late. But earlier I yummied over two hummus spread batons and half a pint of Dr Oekter's Passion Fruit and Mango yogurt, Drooling....
Might indulge in some jammy toast just before 8.
~Bought mum a second-hand coat this morning, soft grey wool with furry collar, might shave off some of the fur because she's not really a furry kind of gal. The coat is in excellent condition and is knee length too, so.... so far so good. Will take it to her some time this week, hopefully she'll try it on in the comfort of her own front room:)
Now tea and piece of Mrs Gordon's Boil and Bake Fruit cake.
This is made in a saucepan so very little washing up:)
Ta ta....!
Monday, 22 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glo, The young apple tree must be protected from the frost so in the garage overnight will be the best place for it until it's in the ground.
I've put it in the conservatory.
Your description of the apple tree sounds almost exactly as you!. Since when does a tree need to be planted with tights for warmth!!!!!
Post a Comment