~Ok that's enough snow for now...The north copped it now we southern softies are staring in disbelief;) Watched some news and saw sledges of a northern make being dragged by robust sorts but I dare say if snow continues down here in the balmy tropics, tv pics will show laughing herberts on Wimbledon common chucking frozen missiles at each other. Aaaaah!
So predictable.
What would make chilling viewing would be old dears in old hats blowing their fingers to prevent death.
But we don't want to see real life, we want to see glowing teeth and hear raucous laughter as yet another arse dents the snow.
I wouldn't mind so much if I had Shakleton's heart, but that's buried on the island of South Georgia with the rest of him. Ernest wouldn't cry over chilblained toes, they'd be snapped off and fried before you could say ouch:)
Talking of my hero....
Just did an expedition to the bird feeders and what thanks did I get...Just a couple of manky pigeons stuck to the aerial.
But oh their brave hearts. Respect.
My large bird table had toppled over but after a quick kick and scrape it was erect again. Iced over water butt and frozen bird bath all lending silence to the blitzed scene. After refilling the bird feeders I stood for a sec looking at the baby apple tree, yes of course I felt sorry for it, out there, it's juvenile roots buried and its long spindly arms reaching skywards and fencewards, nothing I can do for it all I hope is that the bark I laid down recently helps in some way. Everything to me has feelings.
~As I sip more coffee (run out of tea and toes too purple to press gas pedal to shop) I'm deliberating over sausages...
Whether 'tis wiser to wait for a bake or lean over the gas ring shoving them about a bit in the pan.
Hmm.
Bake I think.
~Annywaaay...I'll mix up some barbequed beans and smash some mash so a real winter warmer for our first snow fun day:(
God I hate this weather.
Makes me long for pine trees and sand in my belly button.
Tuesday, 30 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment